Its no secret that I am a serious Urban Decay junkie to the heart. Urban Decay was the first cosmetics company that I fell head over heels in love with. Around 7 or 8 years ago I started watching the legendary “queenofblendingmua” on youtube and I was fascinated by her make-up. It was so colourful and vivid and I would rack my brains wondering how she managed to make it intricate and detailed.
After a while I noticed that the majority of the make-up she used was Urban Decay and she would mention the primer potion and the eyeshadow “ABC Gum”. I researched into the company and the rest is history. I was captivated by the artistry, colours, attitude and vibe of the company and I loved the idea that someone who isn’t a Make-up Artist could buy professional quality make-up. When I was gifted my first ever Urban Decay product, which was the original Naked Basics palette, I was obsessed with it and still have it to this day.
The majority of the professional products that I use in my professional kit are Urban Decay. I do use other brands like Illamasqua, Charlotte Tilbury, Make-up geek etc but Urban Decay is by far my fave. So I’ve decided I’d write a list of my top 10 Urban Decay products that I have used for years and swear by.
10. 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Perversion – This eyeliner is the blackest eyeliner you can find. It smudges out really well which makes it perfect for smokey eyes. Once dried is smudge proof and waterproof so it lasts all day or night. It has a very creamy texture and is enriched with nourishing ingredients like Jojoba Oil,Vitamin E oil and Cottonseed Oil
9. DE-SLICK Mattifying Powder – this ultra lightweight powder does exactly what it says. It goes on invisible on the skin and keep excess oil at bay. Its great to set your make-up as well when you don’t want to add any extra coverage or end up looking “cakey”. It almost blurs out the pores!
8. Brow Box in shade Brown Sugar – I have been using this product for years! The staying power of the brow powders are phenomenal! The box also contains a small brow brush, tweezers and wax! I love it!
7. The Vice Palette – The original Vice Palette has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first ever Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes I owned, it has a wide range of shades from a super bright green and purple all the way to super soft neutral shades! You can creat so many look with one palette its great!
6. Comfort Matte Vice Lipstick in the shade 1993 – This is the perfect warm beige lipstick that I wear with almost any make-up look and the vice lipstick range is super pigmented!
5. Moondust eyeshadow in the shade Soltice – I LOVE this eyeshadow! The moondust formulation is great because its so intensely shimmery and duo chromed. This eye shadow is so unique and will look great on everyone!
4. Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in the shade Distortion – I love all the shades in the glitter eyeliner collection but distortion is my favourite, it has flecks of green and white glitter that looks amazing in the inner corner of the eye. It adds a dash of attitude and sass to any eye look.
3. Naked Skin Foundation – This foundation is hands down one of my all time favourites. Its medium coverage and very lightweight, I use this all the time on Bridal clients. It makes the skin glow and doesn’t look heavy or cake up. It is very easily layered if you want more coverage also.
2. Naked Skin Concealer in the shade Fair Neutral – This concealer is just beautiful. I have a very pale complexion so I was so happy when I saw Urban Decay had brought out very light shades of concealer. It has such a lovely coverage and doesn’t feel heavy at all!
1. Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the shade Eden – This is a must have from Urban Decay. I have been using this since day one. This does exactly what it says it does, it makes your eyeshadow last all day without fading and it actually picks up the pigment in the eyeshadows better as well! I cannot do my eyeshadow with out this! I never let myself run out of this!